Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 4 7 13

What are all the variables related to SDC Platinum that are present in the "Data Item Browser" of Refinitiv? (I am particularly interested in "private placement" transactions and "unregistered offerings")

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nicola.fiore

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@nicola.fiore

Thank you for the clarification. You can retrieve M&A data using Eikon Data APIs. The data source for M&A data is the same between SDC Platinum and Eikon, however the metadata (field names and parameters) are different. E.g. in SDC Platinum the field name for Target Macro Industry is TTF_MACRO_CODE, whereas in Eikon the field name is TR.MnATargetMacroInd. The field names related to this dataset are listed under Deals category in content classification in the Data Item Browser app. However in practice you probably always want to use Screener to retrieve M&A data. In the Screener app select Deals from the drop-down for the Universe and then follow the wizard to construct Screener expression. E.g. the following expression retrieves all deals announced year to date where the target's business activity falls under Wind Systems & Equipment according to TRBC classification scheme.

ek.get_data(('SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)),IN(TR.MnATRBCActivity,"5020101011"),'
            'relativedate(TR.MnAAnnDate,YTD))'),
            ['TR.MnASDCDealNumber','TR.MnAAnnDate','TR.MnATarget',
             'TR.MnATargetPermId','TR.MnATargetMacroInd',
             'TR.MnATargetMidInd','TR.MnATargetNation',
             'TR.MnAAcquiror','TR.MnAAcquirorPermId',
             'TR.MnAAcquirorMacroInd','TR.MnAAcquirorMidInd',
             'TR.MnAAcquirorNation',
             'TR.MnATargetFinAdvisor','TR.MnAAcquirorFinAdvisor',
             'TR.MnATRBCActivity'])

See the article titled "Find Your Right Companies with SCREENER | Eikon Data APIs(Python)" for details about using Screener in Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@nicola.fiore

I'm not sure I understand the question. Would you mind elaborating? What does "SDC Platinum" refer to? Where do you see it in Data Item Browser app? It may be helpful to take a step back and describe what you're looking to achieve.

icon clock
10 |1500

this is what I refer to: SDC Platinum Financial Securities Data | Refinitiv

I would like to know whether it is possible for me to access SDC Platinum's variables with the python Eikon API. In order to do so, I would like to know the names of the fields associated to the database SDC Platinum.

Let me know if I have been clear enough I am available at any time

Thank you for your time

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.