question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 5 4 3

Evaluating RDP 'news-headlines/subscriptions' using API Playground or Python RDP library

I am evaluating the RDP "Message-Services Delivery". For that, I tried the python RDP sample and the API Playground, but for both cases, I received an error.

On API Playground, when I try to run 'GET /NEWS-HEADLINES/SUBSCRIPTIONS' the 'Send' button is 'disabled displaying 'you are not permissioned to execute this method'.

Running 'newsMessages.py', the error returned is:

C:\Projects\EikonDataAPI - Python\EikonData\rdp_python_samples\samples>python newsMessages.py -l

Reading the token from: token.txt

Getting all open news subscriptions

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "newsMessages.py", line 141, in <module>

showActiveSubscriptions()

File "newsMessages.py", line 130, in showActiveSubscriptions

raise ValueError("Unable to get subscriptions. Code %s, Message: %s" % (dResp.status_code, dResp.text))

ValueError: Unable to get subscriptions. Code 403, Message: {"error":{"id":"c00196a1-3fa6-408c-a044-88757a356d48","code":"insufficient_scope","message":"access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.alerts.news-headlines.crud] or [trapi.alerts.news-headlines-1h.crud] or [trapi.alerts.news-headlines-24h.crud]. Missing scopes: [trapi.alerts.news-headlines.crud trapi.alerts.news-headlines-1h.crud trapi.alerts.news-headlines-24h.crud]","status":"Forbidden"}}

Is that a permissioning problem? Or is this method still not available for using? What do I have to do in order to test this method?

Thanks

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@henrique.hissataka

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @henrique.hissataka,

Yes, it appears to be a permissions problem. I have 2 different IDs, one of them got the exact same behavior when I went into the playground, i.e. "you are not permissioned to execute this method". My 2nd ID, there are no issues. I was able to successfully create a subscription queue and received headlines.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.