question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 8 14 18

Having two services running IDN_RDF and PUB (ATS like service) on ads : how to stop only one ?

Hello,

We are currently working to implement a resilience mechanism on our internal connector.

And we would like to test the following use case :

1. Having two services running on our TREP infra : IDN_RDF and PUB:
  2. We have our connector connected to the two services and retrieving prices from both of them
  3. Stop IDN_RDF or PUB
  4. Check that our connector is still able to retrieve prices from the one still up
  5. Check that our connector is trying to reconnect to the service which as been stopped

Currently we do not know how to do the step 3.
Could you please let us know if the step 3 is possible and how can we do it ?

Regards,

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructure
1615201394115.png (6.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

hi @Henri.GARDON

Do you have access to your Market Data Admin team that looks after the ADS and ADH components of the RTDS (TREP) system?

They should have the ability to drop a service using the ADHMon utility.

Select Source Routers and Application Proxies from the main screen

then select the service from List of Source Routes:

and then change routeEnabled to False

Note that you may need to use Ctrl+H to remove the True value - I am not an RTDS /Trep expert - but have done the above occasionally for my own testing (and currently having issues with my VM instance so cannot test the above instructions).

1615211723743.jpeg (28.6 KiB)
1615211794460.jpeg (23.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25 8 14 18

Thank you for the prompt and useful answer !

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.