question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How to extract Tobin's Q ratio for returns for bidder shareholders?

Dear all,

I am writing my master thesis on Cross-Border M&A and I would like to use Tobin's Q as a measurement of the return for the bidder's shareholders. The formula I used is stated by Lindenberg and Ross (1981) as: Approximate q= (MVE+PS + Debt)/TA.

However, I am struggling to retrieve this data from M&A deal Screener. Does anyone of you know how I can get Tobin's Q of the bidder pre and post the announcement date?

Please let me know if you do!

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Emailed DSWS Escalation Support

<AHS>

Was advised the question was on content, to open a support case.

Opened: 09693639

Hello @bobbury96,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @bobbury96,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @bobbury96,

After some initial assessment, it was determined that your question is on Refinitiv content, rather then on Refinitiv API usage.

This forum is dedicated to general questions and discussions centered around Refinitiv API usage, as majority of the forum's members are Refinitiv API developers and moderators of the forum are Refinitiv API experts, neither are experts in diverse and broad content set provided by Refinitiv.

As a customer, the most efficient way to identify and understand the content is to submit it to Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content. However, as a university student, you may not have the direct access to your university's Refinitiv customer account. If that is the case, you may need to use existing self-help capabilities or to contact your Administrator/Professor, so that University Administrator/Professor can raise the query on behalf of the student.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.