For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 3

How to get Quote PermID back in EquitySearch?

Hi - I'm trying to use the search API/EquitySearch to search by ISIN and get back Quote PermID as my preferred identifier. I know it's possible, because I can do it in the UI.

However, in the Identifier enum, there is no option for Quote PermID, only PID, which I think is entity perm ID.

To make matters more confusing, when I try to pass in some identifier types in the search, such as Pix, I get back the error:

ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.ValidationException: 'Validation Error:

The Preferred Identifier Type Code PIX is not supported; supported values are: RIC, CSP, ISN, VAL, WPK, COM, SED, PID, PIDQ, SIC, SVM, MIC, CIN, SYM'

I'm pretty sure PIDQ is quote perm ID, but I don't see any way to pass this in.

What is wrong here?

Thanks.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsspermid-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted DSS_SWAT team.

<AHS>

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai
extending to allow for the verification

Hi @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai,

Were you able to hear back on this from SWAT?

Thanks

Emailed Jirapongse to check if the fix was released and to update the thread.

Contacted DSS_SWAT team to confirm the release date.

Show more comments
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@waynes

This issue will be fixed in the next release (15.0).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DataScope Select v15.0 has been released in June 2021. Release notes are available following the link below.

https://my.refinitiv.com/content/dam/myrefinitiv/products/8179/en/Technical/629605.pdf

Upvotes
78.9k 250 52 74

@waynes

I can replicate the issue. I will report it to the development team.

I will let you know after receiving any response back from them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

Thank you. Do you know if there is another way to pass in an ISIN and get back all Quote Perm IDs? It seems in a terms and conditions extraction, when passing in ISIN, it only returns back to the primary instrument. I want to get all of the exchanges for the ISIN back if possible.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

You can use EquitySearch to get all RICs and then use RICs with the terms and conditions extraction to get Quote PermID.

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

...Also, do you have any idea how long it could take to get a fix for this issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

The development team is verifying this issue. I will keep you informed.

@waynes

The DSS 15.0 release has been postponed. The tentative date is around Jun 2021.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.