Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 4 3

How to pull restated revenue

I am trying to replicate the revenue data in the TR application for RICS "SQ.N". I want to see the full historical Revenue, for the current fiscal quarter through the relative FQ-32 quarters, upon each announce date.

raw_ids, err = ek.get_data(
            ['SQ.N'], 
            ['TR.RevenueActValue', 'TR.RevenueActValue.calcdate','TR.RevenueActValue.date','TR.RevenueActValue.fperiod','TR.RevenueActValue.periodenddate','TR.RevenueActValue.announcedate'
], 
            {
                'SDate':'2000-01-01',
                'EDate':'2030-01-01',
                'Period':'FQ0,FQ-32',
                'Frq':'FQ'
            }
    )

raw_ids[raw_ids['Financial Period Absolute'] == 'FY2019Q4'] 

Unfortunately, the historical data returned for the most recent announce date does not line up with the income statement view in the eikon application.

As shown in the example above, the python call returns a value of 620.678 for FY2019Q4. The application correctly shows 1,313.4

How do I return the correct historical values shown in the application here, by announce date?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @reid, @Alex Putkov. and all,

The case investigation is completed, conveying the conclusion to the forums:

"Please be advised that the updated actual is valid as our basis is Sales is based on Adjusted Revenue ((Total Net Revenue - Bitcoin costs- Tran. Costs + deferred revenue adjustment). Hence the updated values for all the quarters are valid."

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

It looks like there's a discrepancy between the values returned for TR.RevenueActValue and TR.F.TotRevBizActiv (or TR.Revenue) fields for this stock between Q3 2017 and Q4 2019, which can't be right. I opened case 09694454 on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The Helpdesk will investigate the issue and reach out to you with the results of their investigation. They will also keep you updated on their progress.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.