question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

how to get all related classes in the fund family from a given isin fund class ?

Hi all, i was just wondering using RDP Funds API how to get all isin for various classes of a given fund and potentially also filter the primary class or a class with some attributes. for instance if i start with fund with ISIN LU0302447452, how could i get the equivalent that in Eikon is shown in fund family showing the primary fund and then "related assets" i.e. 14 classes ? Ultimately i'd need to intercept class that has isin LU0302446645 which is the fund class with no retrocession.
many thanks in advance and best regards

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformfundsisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@paolo ciampanelli

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

** This was an old / wrong answer. There is a way to do that: use property "relatedAssets" **

@paolo ciampanelli, I do not find a direct way to do this in the RDP Funds API, but I can be wrong. If I try to find a specific share class of a fund that is under the same portfolio, I think I will try the brute-force method: I will firstly limit the scope as narrow as possible, say screen for funds under the same asset type, same classification (e.g. Lipper Global Classification) under the markets I am interested in (say by domicile or registered for sale country). Then, I will loop all these funds to see which fund’s Lipper Primary fund is point to the same fund. This can be obtained by the property: “relatedAssets”. i.e. I am searching the “related funds” by checking which of them have the same “Primary Fund”.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.6k 3 2 3

@paolo ciampanelli , I just realised there is a property "relatedAssets" do exactly what you wanted. e.g. if you use the query in API Playground:

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/funds/v1/assets/LU0302446645?properties=relatedAssets

They you shall get the results of all the share classes of the same portfolio under the "SHARECLASSES" section of the result JSON.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @b.lee thanks for the update, i think this SHARECLASSES element is new, it wasn't around in March 2021

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.