question

Upvotes
Accepted
89 13 21 24

parallel download RIC

Can I download RIC in parallel in different threads from one account? There is a possibility?

For example, RIC: is it possible for ESH1 to download 30 threads in parallel, so that each thread downloads for 1 day?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @s61670,

Please refer to Best Practices & Fair Usage Policy for DataScope Select and Tick History for the complete details on how many of each request type are accepted in parallel, as well as other limits and best practices when working with RTH REST.

Specifically, "you can submit a maximum of 50 concurrent requests per report template for all report types, except... ", i.e. 50.

However, "...the number of concurrent extractions that can be processed on a per-report and per-user basis is two for all report templates except ...".

Consequently, this is something to be aware of, in this use case, two of the requests will be accepted for the immediate processing, while the rest will be queued, till one of the processing requests is completed.

With this information, it becomes your decision as app designer, how you prefer to submit your request(s). Usually, a single request for 30 days worth of content, is more efficient, then 30 separate 1-day request submissions, and if you require multiple requests, then if to submit them by 2s, or to submit all 30, and to have 28 requests queued.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
22k 58 14 21

@s61670, Most of the questions you are asking, are answered in the articles that I had linked earlier. Please ensure that you read and familiarize with the working of this product. Here are the articles again:

Article 1

Article 2

We can help clarify anything which is not immediately evident, but we are unable to answer questions related to content. For data/content related questions, you can raise a content ticket at my.refinitiv.com and talk to a content expert.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.