question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

EMA API version

i found there are 2 example named Refinitiv .
one is from refinitiv site , using below dependency

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.refinitiv.ema</groupId>
    <artifactId>ema</artifactId>
    <version>3.6.1.0</version>
</dependency>

Another one is from https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.EMA.Java.ValueAddObjectsForEMA
, using below dep.

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.thomsonreuters.ema</groupId>
    <artifactId>ema</artifactId>
    <version>3.2.2.0</version>
</dependency>

i wanna know if i want to use the com.thomsonreuters.ema one to connect to TREP server,
is it official one or Do you recommend ? And what's the difference?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @raymondsk.wong

The latest versions of the Refinitiv Real-Time SDK - which includes EMA is available from RT-SDK Java Downloads (or Real-Time-SDK/Java at master · Refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK (github.com) )

The Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.EMA.Java.ValueAddObjectsForEMA: Value-add objects for EMA (github.com) you mention is an older Example provided for educational purposes. It is on our list of rebranding priorities and should be rebranded to use the newer Refinitiv branded Real-Time SDK versions in the coming months.

Any new development work you do should be done using the latest version of the RT-SDK from the main download page. If you decide to utilise the ValueAdd example as the basis for any application, you should be able to make the minor modifications to the imports/classname/paths etc required to build the example using the latest RT-SDK .

The RT-SDK can consume/publish data from/to RTDS(formerly known as TREP).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @raymondsk.wong

While my colleague has provided a clear explanation for you above, please note that RTSDK Java is also available in the Maven Central repository.

EMA Java

ETA Java

The older versions of the APIs (the old API and package names, versions 3.5.x and below) are also available in the Maven Repository too, but I highly suggest you use the latest version.

maven-central.png (42.2 KiB)
eta.png (37.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.