question

Upvotes
Accepted
68 2 6 5

RCC - Certification error

Hello

My customer experiencing an issue that RCC API suddenly become not to work this week.

We get bellow message.

WARNING: loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_1

RsslReactor @16b2bb0c

RsslChannel @56c4278e

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Invalid certificate (Expired): NotAfter: Sat May 30 19:48:38 JST 2020

loggerMsgEnd

Since we worked with Infrastructure and product managers then advised it may happening due to the KeyStoreFile may have problem.

As far as I checked with keytool.exe -list -v command it looks the KeyStore file looks healthy but I still want to ask someone making double check. In order to check the KyStore file, the password may required, hence if someone from Refinitiv dev team reply to me, I would share them over e-mail

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Noboru Maruyama

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@noboru.maruyama4

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @noboru.maruyama4,

Please advise the client use the latest version of Refinitiv Realtime SDK and also update the Java runtime. This will ensure that their environment has a valid root certificate available in the Java runtime.

If they intent to continue using the older version of their application/JVM, then easiest route would be to regenerate a new keystore file and re-import the certificate into the new keystore. When using this approach they will have to re-import a new certificate every two years or so.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.