question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 13 13 14

Summaries.Definition("MyRIC").GetData() not working when invoking from WindowsFrom Application

Hi,

I am trying to develop a WinForms Application that retrieves data from Refinitiv using Refinitiv Data Platform. I have encountered a problem while retrieving data with the following statement: Summaries.Definition("MyRIC").GetData(). Despite working when it is run from a Console Application, it doesn't work when I use a WinForm application, the workflow advances until the previously mentioned statement is reached and it is blocked indefinitely without throwing any exception.

Please, could you give me any insights into this issue?

Thanks in advance.

eikon-data-apirdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformc#.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @YERAY SOSA ALONSO,

Have you tried awaiting the request?

var response = await Summaries.Definition("MyRIC").GetDataAsync();

I don't know the nature of your application, but are you driving the request from the GUI? The above request is what you should be doing.

As for your current application, did you try setting a breakpoint after the GetData() statement to see if it reaches that point? I've successfully built a WPF application that does use the historical Summaries request without issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The problem was that I was using synchronous methods. Thanks for your quick response.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.