Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

RE: Case : 09719381 Eikon API not working. used this link to solve the issue. https://developers.ref - from Refinitiv [ ref:_00D30602X._5001W1m0HvB:ref ]

Case:09719381

Dear Denis Vernet,

Thank you for contacting the Help Desk.

I have received your query with the following details:

======================

Case Description :

Eikon API not working. used this link to solve the issue. https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/eikon-data-api-python-troubleshooting-refinitiv

the part that is not working is from section

3.4. Browse into sub-folder TRD then to the most recent created folder with "Eikon.<datetime>.p<process-ID>" folder.

Then open the "SxS.<datetime>.p<process-id>.txt" file

I do not have that file. how can I make sure that I have it ?

concerning the rest of the steps and the localhost check, it seemed to me that they were already well set.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Here a couple of screenshots to make clear what is the source of the error "Port number non-identified" and the screenshot showing that within my TRD scripts the SxS file is not the same of the API Eikon resolution guide provided by the forum.

sxs.jpg (292.5 KiB)
10021-eikon-api.jpg (262.5 KiB)

Hi @denis.vernet

I removed your appkey from the screenshot.

<AHS only>

Client appkey is d7e056d93a224196a4600aef7f69f83c5918de7 which seems to be incorrect.

@denis.vernet

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@denis.vernet

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @denis.vernet

I checked that your account has access to the Eikon Desktop product.

My general suggestion would be to uninstall the product, restart your machine, re-install the product and restart the machine again.

Then launch the product and try the API from the same physical machine that you have Eikon Desktop running.

I also contacted the 09719381 case owner to get it escalated to an appropriate support group.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hello @chavalit.jintamalit,

many thanks for your intervention. I have been contacted by another colleague of yours too and now I will implement both of your suggestions. Fingers crossed, thanks ! and take care

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.