question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Check Status of EIKON Plugin

Hi - have dig through the web but did not find an satisfactory answer. I have a macro-enabled eikon template which calls a few of other procedures I do have in modules. I need to make sure EIKON is connected in EXCEL before calling these procedures otherwise the tool gets stucked and freezes. Is there a simple way to check the EIKON status and prompt e.g. a msgBox reminding the user to please connect? Found a few posts but they just do not work.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@golebiewski.dawid

Please see the tutorial for Eikon Excel Synchronization Manager COM library, which provides information about the current state of Eikon Excel add-in, including the connection state.

Before using Eikon Excel Synchronization Manager library it is advisory to check whether Eikon Excel COM add-in is loaded into the session of Excel, which is a prerequisite for using any Eikon COM APIs in Excel. For an example of how to check if Eikon Excel COM add-in is loaded into Excel session see this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the kind response I do get a error following the link provided:

Resource at '/content/devportal/en_us/401.html' not found: No resource found

The link is correct. The problem is likely with your browser. Try another browser or try clearing cookies (or use incognito mode). Here's the link to a post from another user who experienced similar issue and was able to resolve it.

This is helpful. Thank you! It means, when i add this to my project / workbook referencing the PLSynchronizationMgrLib.SynchronizationMgr, anyone else who will open the file will automatically have this functions loaded in his excel. Meaning, when distributing my tool/template there is no need for others to instal/reference the syncronisation libary manually (?)

IGNORE: I get the error message "Error in loading DLL" (SORTED: Had to close the sample file before loading the DLL into my own project)

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.