question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

How to get the free float shares outstanding on country level

I am looking for ownership data on free float shares/percentage basis on a specific day. Unfortunately I only get the Percentages of Shares Out held, but they not consider all free float shares. I tried many different ways, e.g.:

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.SharesFreeFloat;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.FreeFloatPct;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.SharesOutstanding;"InvestorCountryPermId=100319 Sdate=2020-12-31)

but I only get the total amount without country specification.

Alternatively I found in Time Series "Number of shares owned by Foreign Investors" and "Number of Shares owned by Domestic Nationals" and tried:

=TR("AMZN.O";TR.Numbersofsharesownedbyforeigninvestors;" Sdate=2020-12-31)

but for any company I tried my result is "NULL"

I would like to ask/know if there is any opportunity to check the free float shares of an company in S&P500 divided by country (U.S. are most important)

Thank you very much in advance

datastream-apidsws-apiequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@student01

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@student01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hello @student01,

We can help with technical questions on these forums; for content clarification, please raise a ticket at my.refinitiv.com and select - Get Support / I need help understanding the content. This will get you in touch with a content expert. Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.