For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

Does Refinitiv C# DSS/RTH API is fully compatible with .NET core?

Could you please confirm whether or not Refinitiv C# API if fully compatible with .NET core?

It was not the case 3 years back (not compatible with Linux to be exact) may I know if this has been enhanced?

<https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/66344/net-core-trth-c-sdk.html&gt; says:

REST API Example and REST API Toolkits still using the old implementation and the project required .NET Framework 4.5. Therefore I believe that The REST API toolkit still not support .NET Core 3+.

Clients need to implement own class to call .NET Core HTTP Client library to connect to the server to get the Token and retrieve the data according to the REST API user guide.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapi.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Beera.Rajesh

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Beera.Rajesh

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Beera.Rajesh

As I know, DataScope Select .NET SDK still doesn't support .NET Core.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai Are there any plans to support in the near future?

@Beera.Rajesh

I don't think so. However, you can directly send feedback to the product team via MyRefinitiv.

Upvotes
262 12 15 18

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai @sachi.morimoto

Below is a client feedback:

.Net Framework can now be considered ancient technology and is no longer being developed by Microsoft.

Microsoft has also moved past the term “.Net Core” and are simply referring to the platform as .Net.

Because of all the different versions of .Net being maintained until recently, the advice was to target .Net Standard to ensure compatibility with all of them.

You can think of it this way: .Net Standard is to C# what an interface is to object oriented programming. You just write your code and the compiler will figure out the rest.

So if the Refinitiv API was written sometime in the last few years, I would be surprised if it wasn’t built to target .Net Standard, to ensure maximum compatibility. What exactly was the library built to target?

Note, I have been using the library in .Net 5 without any problems so far

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Beera.Rajesh,

The customer may wish to communicate their preferences to Refinitiv Datascope Select product team directly, by submitting My Refinitiv Feedback and selecting product = Refinitiv Datascope Select.

This way is the most efficient, as the product team is informed of the name of the customer organization, is able to aggregate the overall feedback stream from all the customers, and prioritize the product roadmap in conjunction with the available resources.

Developer portal is most helpful for API usage general questions and discussions, and we try to help customers, by aliasing on their behalf with other Refinitiv teams.

Developer advocacy is not in charge of product enhancements, roadmap decisions or prioritization for any of the products and APIs, and we would, same as you, help by conveying the feedback to the appropriate product team.

Please let us know if the customer is able to proceed and would like to submit the feedback directly to the product, or would prefer to convey the information with the name of the organization offline, and for us to convey the feedback on their behalf to the product team?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.