question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 2 8 7

Exception in Access/Impl/Thread.cpp - RCC (Refinitiv Contribution Channel) EMA C++

Hi Community

I am working on an automation that is able to contribute daily a considerable amount of RICs, we talking about more than 11.000 RICs with 6 fields each one.

Taking as a basis this sample, I was able to build and contribute data to a small number of RICs. However when I try to run it using whole range of RICs that I have, I get an EMA Exception Handler error in the middle of execution.

As you may see bellow, onAckMsg function is returning proper response.

After that, I get bellow Exception.

How can I fix it? or how could I investigate this expection?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apic++rcc-api
1616598338088.png (15.3 KiB)
1616600631701.png (18.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Bruno.Leal

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Bruno.Leal

If you are able to recreate this issue reasonably often, I would recommend you try the latest version of the Real-Time SDK. If you are already using the latest version or the issue continues to occur once you upgrade, then my recommendation would be for your contact Developer Support so they can help you diagnose this issue offline in more detail.

Refinitiv Real-Time C++ SDK | Refinitiv Developers

1616749819134.png (66.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Bruno.Leal

Are you performing any pacing of the Posts to the RCC / are they spread out over a time period or are you sending PostMsgs for all 11,000 RICs in one single tight loop etc?

Also, please see the following posts related to another scenario when someone published data quicker than RCC could process - causing Tunnel buffer exhaustion.

Failed to allocate RsslTunnelBuffer with EMA C++ post message - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

EMA TRCC OmmMemoryExhaustionException - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

icon clock
10 |1500

I'm performing those posts in batch less than 500 RICs by loop. And the next lot is only called when we receive all AckMsg from previously sent batch. Other care I took it was adding a sleep function of 5 seconds among each loop, even so I am still getting that Exception.

The weird part is not always that Exception happens and I'm not able to figure out the root cause.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Bruno.Leal

Also, please refer to the section of the tutorial which talks about the Maximum message rate and the RCE:MaxMessagesPerSecond - are you observing this limit?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, I am! For me it's appearing 1,000 RICs per second.

1616690598551.png (15.4 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.