For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

Looking for Elektron WebSocket API MRN Example with C#

Hi everyone,

I would like to find more or less the same (if possible 100% equal):

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.WebSocketAPI.Python.MRN/tree/ERT-in-Cloud

but in C# so I don't need to translate it line by line.

Is it possible to have a WebSocket API MRN Example in C# (NOT RDP, because RDP doesn't work well :-()

?

Thanks in advance

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @oleksandr.kocherha,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @oleksandr.kocherha

You can take one of the examples from websocket-api/Applications/Examples/RDP/CSharp to connect to your RRTO cloud session and then merge the MRN Payload processing code from the MRN example - to derive your required example.

The MRN payload you receive is identical from both the ADS and RRTO

The MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscovery is the better one to use - as it does not require a fixed hostname, it will discover a valid hostname from your credentials and region.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @oleksandr.kocherha

We don't have a (near) identical example - the nearest I found on Github is Example.WebSocketAPI.CSharp.MRNWebSocketViewer

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Unfortunately I cannot use it as is because the above example requires "User must have access to existing TREP 3.2.1 or higher ..." and I don't have it, I have only a hostname like

emea-3-t1.streaming-pricing-api.refinitiv.com

:-(

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @oleksandr.kocherha

Is this https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.DotNet.MRNStoryConsumer example match your requirement?

If not, the suggestion from @umer.nalla is also recommended as you can mix the RRTO connection logic with the MRN process logic (from either ADS or RRTO example) .

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.