question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

IS it safe to use pricing paramenter option: Settle (deprecated) in inputVolatilityType and when will be the deadline for this field?

FOR IPA Volatility Surfaces : ETI

CLient is asking if it safe to use pricing paramenter option:
Settle (deprecated) in inputVolatilityType and when will be the deadline for this field? The data is shown here:
https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-data-platform/refinitiv-data-platform-apis/documentation#ipa-volatility-surfaces-eti

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @samuel.schwalm

Can you please comment on this?

@mauren.pagsuyuin

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@mauren.pagsuyuin

I just ran a quick test on API Playground. When I set {"inputVolatilityType": "Settle"} in the surfaceParameters, the response returned an error saying "Invalid input: Unbindable json. Error converting value \"Settle\" to type 'System.Nullable`1[TR.Qps.Models.MarketData.Enums.EVolatilityType]".

As the documentation says and as my test confirms, "Settle" enumerated value has been deprecated for inputVolatilityType parameter and it is no longer possible to use it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi team, I wish to follow up

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

@Alex Putkov. THANK YOU! Internal has additional query:

1. Is there a timeline for the retirement of the usage of ‘Settle’ in the field of ‘inputVolatilityType’?
  2. It was advised that the alternative for ‘inputVolatilityType’ is the 'timestamp'. Is there any documentation or manual for the alternative field ‘timestamp’? Or what is the difference for different values?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@mauren.pagsuyuin

1. As per my previous response, 'Settle' value is already removed from enumeration for inputVolatilityType parameter. It is no longer possible to use this value. In other words there cannot be a timeline for the retirement of this value because it is already retired.
  2. If you'd like to use settlement values to build volatility surface, you should indeed use pricing parameter named timeStamp and set its value to 'Settle'. This parameter is described in the API documentation you referenced in your original post on this thread.
icon clock
10 |1500

@Alex Putkov. my apologies, I forgot to mention that 'Settle' actually still worked s provided by the internal and also worked no my end.

{

"universe": [

{

"surfaceTag": "1",

"underlyingType": "Eti",

"underlyingDefinition": {

"instrumentCode": "0700.HK@RIC"

},

"surfaceParameters": {

"priceSide": "Mid",

"volatilityModel": "SVI",

"inputVolatilityType": "Settle",

"xAxis": "Date",

"yAxis": "Strike"

},

"surfaceLayout": {

"format": "Matrix",

"yPointCount": 10

}

}

]

}

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.