question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

TREP ADS Server for Development

Good day,

I am a new developer to the RFA space, so please forgive me if this seems like a stupid question :)

I have downloaded and built some of the examples for connecting to TREP for downloading market data (I am using the .NET library for RFA), but I cannot seem to get the examples working. From what I can ascertain, it seems to be a problem with the RSSL hostname, I cannot find an RSSL host or IP anywhere in the examples or on the forums, so the requests are constantly failing.

Is my company supposed to have TREP ADS server on-site, or is there a public server we can use?

treprfarfa-apiADSdevelopment
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

For developing and testing, you can use use the example provider application. They are included in API product package under the \Example folder. You can refer to the Examples section in the documentation portal in the \Docs folder for an overview of the example applications.

But if you wish to test with the real TREP and Elektron, then you have to contact Thomson Reuters sale representative. There are both on-site and remote TREP solution for testing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 1 2 6

Thank you,

I managed to get the examples working fine.

I just recently started at the company, so am not 100% aware of everything yet.

I will speak to our IT guys and find out if we will be hosting on-site or pulling the data from Reuters themselves.

Many thanks!!!

Regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.