Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

AttributeError: 'Response' object has no attribute 'reason'

Hello,

all functions were running well until yesterday, now I get the error code

AttributeError: 'Response' object has no attribute 'reason'

My python version is 3.8.5

eikon version is 1.1.6

and httpx is 0.14.2

I was trying to run the following code ( also within a loop for a couple times ):

df = ek.get_news_headlines('R:.SPX AND Language:LEN', date_from='2021-02-13T09:00:00', date_to='2021-02-18T18:00:00', count = 100)

Would be great if anyone could share some advice on this error!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @perle.chen,

I am seeing in this previous discussion thread an answer, that the issue that you appear to be experiencing, was fixed in eikon 1.1.6.post2. That post-dates eikon 1.1.6 that is installed.

Therefore, would like to suggest to upgrade your eikon module to the latest, to absorb this fix as well as other important fixes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @zoya.farberov,

thanks for the response!

I updated my eikon version, but still run into the same error sometimes. Most of the times it is when I am close to having made 10 000 request per day. I am assuming it might be connected to the API request limits, however the error code does not indicate that.

Hi @perle.chen,

Good to hear that the later version is working better.

However, at present, not supposed to be able to run more then 10k requests per day, please see Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guideline.

I think you are correct in that there is no specific error to report this.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.