Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 4 3 4

Data API - How can I get historical vessel data using Postman Data API?

Hello,
I am trying to extract both live and historical vessels (fixed asset) data using the Postman Data API. The first steps to get the token and refresh were done, however, I did not find an example on the API Playground that shows the best API which can be used to get the historical vessel data (Using RIC's), bringing their type, ETA, departure Date, Previous Port, Destination, and so on.

The figure below shows the data output using the excel add-in, which I want to turn out into Data API using Postman instead.

Any help on either point would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirdp-apipostman
1617142816158.png (45.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Loredane.Pereira

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Loredane.Pereira

If you have Eikon and you'd like to retrieve this data programmatically, I suggest you use Eikon Data APIs. See an example on this thread.

However, if for whatever reason you need to retrieve this data from RDP using Postman, check out the discussion on this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Loredane.Pereira

Just want to add a piece of additional information about Postman, you can download the RDP APIs Postman collection from the RDP APIs download page and see how to set up the Postman collection in this tutorial.

Hope this information helps you with the clear answer from my colleague above.

Upvotes
4 4 3 4

@Alex Putkov. Thanks so much for your reply. I still have a question if you can help. I'm using the / search / beta1 / metadata / views / {view} however, the query command only allows you to search for a specific RIC (vessel) at a time. Would you know if there is a way to search for a list of RICs at once through the postman, using another command besides / search / beta1 / metadata / views / {view} for this case? or an expanded form of this endpoint?

icon clock
10 |1500

You can use a python production env and use RDP and Eikon Data API together to pull up the info you want. You can search by vessel class and use the list of IMO's to get the data you want. Alternatively, you can just use pandas to read a CSV file of IMO's you have and extract via the data API's the information you want on the list of IMOs the same way.

Best,

Milan

Here is an example of searching by vessel class:

rdp.png (22.0 KiB)

Hi @milan_hedstrom, thank you so much for your support! Do you know how can I do this using Postman?

The "query" command only allows one RIC at the time, when I tried to put more than one, the return was null.
Thanks in advance!

1617890006695.png (131.6 KiB)

Sorry, I am not sure. I've never worked with Postman. I use a simple Jupyter Notebook or Visual Studio. Not sure what needs to be done in Postman.

Show more comments
Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

@Loredane.Pereira

You can use the Search service on RDP (/search/beta1/ endpoint) to search for vessels using a list of RICs or IMOs, or using criteria such as a class of vessels, as in the example provided by @milan_hedstrom. In the screenshot of Postman you provided you're actually pretty close. Replace '"Query": ...' in the request body with

"Filter": "IMO in ('9145437' '8808707' '9593440')"

or

"Filter": "RCSAssetTypeLeaf eq 'Suezmax' and DestinationPort eq 'Rotterdam'"

For more details on how to use search/beta1 endpoint, see the Reference guide for the endpoint on API Playground.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Alex.Putkov12 that works! Thanks a lot for your support!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.