question

Upvotes
Accepted
49 3 6 12

When does News via RDP API date back to? How frequently is the latest data available via the API?

When does News via RDP API date back to?

How frequently is the latest data available via the API?

Are the any difference in retrievable news between News via RDP API and MRN real-time/News Archive?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @hiroko.yamaguchi1

Regarding the difference between retrieving news via RDP APIs or MRN Real-Time, the MRN data is published by Refinitiv Real-Time as streaming real-time news data. The data is compressed and fragmented into multiple messages to reduce the message size and bandwidth. The application needs to assemble the message in order to read the news data. The application cannot request News data for a specific time too (it is the expected behavior of Real-time data).

In the meantime, RDP APIs news provides current and historical news data via the Request-Response and Message queue deliveries for consumers. News data from RDP is returned as a readable JSON message.

I have checked the RDP News API reference on the API Playground page but I cannot find any information about the date back or frequently. I suggest you contact the RDP News API support team via https://my.refinitiv.com/ website and specify the questions for the "News Service".

rdp-news.png (14.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.