Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Error code 400 | The request verb is invalid

I'm extracting stats for ~12K firms. My code was running for the first half, but now getting nothing, with the below error. Any ideas on how to get around this? I have tried over multiple days, at different times of the day, and regenerated my API key, but no luck so far.

HTTP Error 400. The request verb is invalid
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Nishant.Abraham

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@Nishant.Abraham

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

It would be very helpful to have an example of the call that returns this error, as well as the detailed log for the error message. Use ek.set_log_level(1) method to create verbose log for Eikon Data APIs library. Another useful thing would be to get as much detail as possible for the failed HTTP request generated by Eikon Data APIs. You can either use Fiddler to capture the request. Or you can set Eikon desktop log to the max level. See instructions for using Eikon Configuration Manager to set Eikon desktop log level in the article titled "Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting". Then grab the log file named APIProxy.YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS000.pPID.txt, where YYYYMMDD.HHMMSS000 is the timestamp for when the log was created and PID is Windows process ID number for the EikonBox.exe process that created the log. This log file (when created at maximum trace level) contains details of every request and response received by Eikon API Proxy.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.