Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

get_symbology for getting secondary listing

Hello, I'd like to know if there's a way to use get_symbology to get the secondary listing.

I know there's a boolean flag parameter in the function named bestMatch, in which we get more than just the primary listing if set to False. The thing is, which one of them is actually a symbol that resembles a "best of all secondary listings"? Is there a workaround I can use to get such metric?

Best regards and thanks for your help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid in the symbology data model employed at Refinitiv there's no concept of "best of all secondary listings". I'm not sure how you would even define it. By trading volume? While there are examples where this definition makes sense, there are also plenty of examples where it doesn't: either because there's no clear winner in terms of trading volume or because the volume shifts significantly from one venue to another over time.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Got it, Alex. Yes, that's reasonable, but I wanted to ask anyway in case indeed there was a way but I just wasn't seeing it.

Thank you!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.