Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 3

How to pull restated data using Python API

Hello,

I wanted to know if Eikon has point in time data available?

I am interested in non restatement data using the python API plugin.

For example, the company QKLS.PK had restated their 2009 financial statements. It is available on the website and I wanted to know if and how I could get this data using using the API?

Thank you in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 4/7/2021 at 9:28 EST

Using the code below, I am able to pull the Gross Profit of QKLS.PK for the past 15 years.

In 2009, the Gross Profit for FY 2009 was originally reported in Dec 2009 as 41.0 and then reclassified in Dec 2010 as 43.6.

TR = ["TR.GrossProfit.Date", "TR.GrossProfit"]
id2 = ['QKLS.PK']
df, err = ek.get_data(id2, TR, {'Scale': 6,'SDate': 0,'EDate': -15,'FRQ': 'FY'})
df

When I pull the data using the code above, I get the reclassified value of 43.6 for FY 2009.

I wanted to know if it was possible to pull the original value of 41.0 using python?

Thank you in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nathan.n.nastili

I think you need to verify if the content is available on Eikon?

If so, what are the fields?

This forum is not the best place to ask about content questions.
For an authoritative answer to any content questions, the best resource is the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk.
The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.
The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

In the case that the data is available on Eikon, you can request Helpdesk to provide you a sample formula in Eikon Excel using =TR() function.

In the =TR() function, it comes with RIC, fields and parameters.

So you can use the same RIC, fields and parameters with Eikon Data API.

Here is the instruction.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Chavalit,

The data is available in Eikon. I have clarified my question and provided an example. Please let me know if that makes sense.

Thank you for your help

Nathan

Hi @nathan.n.nastili

I am not sure if this is the content you are looking for?

TR = ['TR.GrossProfit.Date', 'TR.GrossProfit']
id2 = ['QKLS.PK']
df, err = ek.get_data(id2, TR, {'Scale': 6,'SDate': 0,'EDate': -15,'FRQ': 'FY','ReportingState':'All'})
df

If this is not the content you are looking for, please contact the Content Helpdesk, ask them for a =TR function on Eikon Excel.

Then you can replicate the same on Eikon Data API.

ahs.jpg (206.4 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.