For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 5 7 5

Get the list of exchanges behind composite markets (DSS)

Hi

Is there a way to get the list of exchanges behind composite markets in DSS?
Could you please provide me with a complete example how to do so?

Thank you very much in advance.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @modaresi,

I am not aware of this information, to the extent that you are looking to obtain it, of being made available via DSS REST API, or any other API.

DSS prices that are being made available reflect the actual live updates (quotes/trades) available from Refinitiv Real Time service, DSS does not originate them, consequently I also do not see any way to customize/influence/filter the service price compositing strategy, it's a reflection of the published composite update ( quote/trade), to my understanding.

However, I am a developer, and to be 100% sure, I have opened an RTH content support case case on your behalf. Case # is 09789240 . Please expect the follow-up via email shortly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The case 09789240 is closed with the following resolution:

Q1: What is the complete list of exchange codes that Refinitiv offers. Ans: Refinitiv covers multiple exchange codes. Complete list of exchange code covered by Refinitiv can be found in the GCODE Link below: 
https://my.refinitiv.com/gcodes/dse_exch_cds.html
 The above link provides latest coverage of exchange codes being offered by Refinitiv. This list is updated as and when new exchanges gets added. 
Q2: What is the exchange code list in which a particular security trades. Ans: To find in how many exchange codes does a particular security trades, you can use the field "Exchange Code List" in DSS. This field Return a list of exchange code any security is traded on. Also, kindly note, this field is applicable only for Equity Asset Class. For BOND Asset Class, we have field "Bond Exchange List" which is Code indicating the exchange on which the bond is listed. Multiple exchanges are presented in a comma-separated list. 
Both the fields mentioned above are available in DSS Composite and Terms & Conditions Template. Hence, clients can use either one to get these details.
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @modaresi,

Not being fully sure that I read yout question correctly :), I think you are asking for a composite instrument i.e. "IBM", can we request the list of exchanges the composite update can be derived from, i.e. "IBM.N" "IBM.B", etc.

As a developer, I have approached this question from two directions:

• In REST API Reference Tree, looked up the specification on CompositeExtraction and on TermsAndConditions, there are no parameters defined to request this information.

A real time streaming update, such as quote or trade, can include the information (and as is captured in TickHistoryRaw) about the specific quote/trade only, for example:

RDN_EXCHID - Identifier for the market on which the instrument trades

TRDXID_1 - Exchange/market identifier of the latest trade

OPENEXID - or consolidated records, identifies the exchange where the opening price was set

CLSEXID - For consolidated records, identifies the market where the closing price was set.

I am not sure, consequently, that such list exists, however for the authoritative answer on whether this content is made available, as part of DSS content, the best approach for a customer is to contact Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS and be connected with a Refinitiv content expert on this type of content.

Let us know if this helps and you are able to proceed?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 5 7 5

Thanks @zoya.farberov

Let me use an example to explain.

"IAG.DEU" is the RIC for an equity when the exchange is "German Composite".

TR uses the data from some exchanges, probably IAG.F, IAG.BE, IAG.H, and more, to compute the price for IAG.DEU

The question is how to access this list. In general, this list changes over time and it would be good to have access to the information about any change in the list, but for now we need to know the current list behind IAG.DEU (just as an example)

The second and maybe more important question is the following:

Let's consider the case that we want to have a composite price from a selected list of exchanges. For example, we want the composite price computed based on the prices of only IAG.F, IAG.H, and IAG.D. Is there any simple way to get this composite price in DSS? I mean without access to real-time streaming data and computed it from scratch.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.