Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

P[89632] [MainThread 87800] Failed to decode response to json:

I have no idea what's going on here, it was working fine a week ago. Here's the exact query i'm trying to run:

ek.get_timeseries('NTR.TO',start_date='2018-03-26',end_date= '2021-03-26', interval = 'weekly')

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@apalarajah your code works fine - please see the result below. Can I ask you shut Eikon down and reopen it as the connection to the API proxy may not have completed fully due to the authentication outage earlier. It should then work fine. I hope this can help.

1617893765409.png (125.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi I'm getting the same error where the code returned (None, None) while I was using Eikon. The code is pretty standard and I've set app key before hand. Things I've tried so far:

1) Restarting Refinitiv desktop workspace (it seemed without that logged in, the eikon API would not work

2) re-run the code say 5-10 times...the tricky thing is that sometimes (2/10) it does return a dataframe, while other cases it simply returns None and the error

[MainThread 53780] Failed to decode response to json:

import eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key(XXXYXYXYXYXYXY)

rdp_df = ek.get_data(['SNOW.K'],
                      ['TR.CLOSEPRICE.Date',
                       'TR.OPENPRICE(Adjusted=1)',
                       'TR.HIGHPRICE(Adjusted=1)',
                       'TR.LOWPRICE(Adjusted=1)',
                       'TR.CLOSEPRICE(Adjusted=1)',
                        ], {
  'SDate': '20020729', 'EDate': '20211102', 'Frq': 'D'})

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.