question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 4 1

Will REbranding affect TRTH and Excel data pulls?

1. We pull data from TRTH Intraday Summaries through python REST API URL:https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw ExtractionReq:#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryIntradaySummariesExtractionRequest Will this be affected by rebranding for Refinitiv API? Noticed only Electron and RFA APIs will be affect, but want to confirm
  2. We use Excel to pull prices, Imbalance and indications(IMB_PR_NR) using the TR tag (eg TR("RTYM1","CF_BID") ), will we need to change that?
tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vnigam,

1. Yes. However, please consider this information from me as strictly preliminary, and await the official announcement to finalize the code changes. If you are a .NET SDK developer, please await the release of the official updated version of .NET SDK to start the migration.

2. As Eikon Excel is a product and not an API, we would not be the best source to advise you. I would expect that if you have followed the PCN, you have the changes covered. If there will be any additional actions required, Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace product team will issue official guidance, and your Refinitiv account team keep you informed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1. We got an email from Alan Ong regarding updating necessary changes for APIs in respect to PCN 12072. Should we not consider this as an official announcement? If not, how will we get this official announcement?
  2. Who will be the best source to advice regarding Eikon Excel? If the product team, how can I reach out to them to get more guidance on this?

It is excellent to hear that you are aware of the changes, and are planning and preparing for the required actions to be taken! I would suggest awaiting till next week, as I know the final touches are being put on the product changes. It will likely also be quicker and less effort to migrate once the step-by-step migration tutorial is published, as planned, but if you like to get started- you can do so.

I think the best approach would be to confirm with your Refinitiv account team, who may already have this information or would be able to verify with product team on your behalf. Also it sounds like you have already handled the requirements, by upgrading the Eikon version, confirming for certain would be a safe step.

Hope this helps

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @vnigam,

On Refinitiv Tick History:

Please find Refinitiv Tick History - Mandatory Technical Migrations about the upcoming changes.

More detailed guidance for developers, including step-by-step migration advice on Refinitiv Tick History, is planned to be made available next week.

On Eikon Excel:

Please find Eikon Excel rebranding detailed under PCN 11803, as the changes will apply to Eikon Excel product.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 4 1
  1. For Tick History: Can I pull data using the new URL and namespace change currently or will have to wait till these are rolled out to production on your side?
  2. For Eikon Excel: below are the changes listed on link 11803 you sent and both changes are already implemented on my machine. So that means I'm good for the excel Eikon part and I won't need any other changes to pull data through Excel Eikon?
    1. 1. Enable the new domains, listed under Domain Suffixes & Environment.
    2. 2. For desktop installations, install the application version listed below • Eikon Desktop 4.0.53 and later versions • Refinitiv Workspace desktop access 1.13 and later versions
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.