question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

Unable to get rid of garbage

I'm trying to download loads of snapshots, but after that's done I can't seem to clean up my apps memory.

When looking into this with a memory analyzer, I see that all references to 'com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.omm.OMMSubReqMsg' are kept in memory.

Can this be because of the internal watchlist? And if so, is there any way to prevent subscriptions from going into this watchlist, or limit the size of it?

treprfarfa-apiOMMwatchlistmemory
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.9k 7 10 16

Dear @Irmo,

Unfortunately, I haven't experienced this problem using the scenario given yet (20000 items subscription). I tried to replicate the problem with RFA Java version 7.6.0.E9 and used JavaVisualVM as the tool.

Please see the picture attached:

Referring to the test result, the interesting object should be com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.omm.OMMSubReqMsgData rather than com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.omm.OMMSubReqMsg object.

Here there are my additional questions:

- What's the RFA version using when you encountered this problem?

- Can you replicate this problem using a newer version of RFA Java such as 8.0.1.E3?

- Do you have a heapdump result that reflects this problem?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.