Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 3

Is it possible to set the parameters so that it only returns the data available?

I am interested in pulling the entire history for financial metric(s) for several companies.

For example, suppose I am interested in pulling the total revenue for AGFEED Industries.

I see that the data is available from 2010 to 2005 and I am interested in pulling the entire history

I am able to pull the history using the code below by setting the EDate = -20.

TR = ["TR.TotalRevenue.Date","TR.TotalRevenue"]
id = ['0001331427']

df, err = ek.get_data(id, TR, {'Scale': 6, 'SDate': 0, 'EDate': -20, 'FRQ': 'FY', 'ReportingState':'Orig'
df

Unfortunately, it will return more records than I want. I would only the first 5 records in this example.

Is it possible to set the parameters so that it only returns the data available?

I have provided one company in the example above, however, I would ultimately like to provide a list of company.

Thank you in advance

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiparameters
1618531983766.png (49.8 KiB)
1618532502593.png (40.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @nathan.n.nastili

There is no such parameter for TR.TotalRevenue field.

You can use dropna() function from dataframe.

df.dropna()

ahs.jpg (119.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.