question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

I signed up on this platform to access live stock market data but can't get the API access credentials to use the .NET library. I keep getting the 401 error page even for the quickstart page (details below). Is it a general problem or is it just for me?

Resource at '/content/devportal/en_us/401.html' not found: No resource found

RequestURI=/content/devportal/en_us/401.html

Servlet= /apps/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.html

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ale.herm01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@ale.herm01

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hello @ale.herm01,

You can self sign and view and download the API documentation, but you will need to talk to a Refinitiv account manager to get a trial ID.

You can have a Refinitiv person contact you and discuss the trial details here.

PS: Can you please paste the complete link to the quickstart that is not working for you. I can access the RDP Library Quickstart just fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ale.herm01
Once you have the RDP account, you can follow the step-by-step guide in this Getting Start with RDP article to help you set up the credentials.
Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Now it works and I registered my app but I still didn't receive any email while registering for Eikon data to get the required credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ale.herm

If you have signed up for an Eikon Trial or full Account, then you can create a Desktop session with the RDP library to consume streaming data from Eikon.

Quick Start - Credentials

and then follow the C#/.NET specific sections

Quick Start - .NET

You will off course have to have Eikon running on the same PC where you run the C# code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.