question

Upvotes
Accepted
40 2 1 6

Unresolved symbol errors after upgrading SDK

I have a C++ EMA project built with Visual Studio 2017 and the Elektron SDK v1.3.1 (Elektron-SDK-1.3.1.L1.win.rrg.zip) It builds and executes and has been in use for over a year. I recently tried to rebuild it using the latest SDK (Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.win.zip).

After changing the namespace from thompsonreuters:: to refinitv:: it compiles with no errors but the link step generates 148 unresolved symbol errors, all referenced by modules in emalib.lib. Most of the unresolved symbols begin with 'rssl' but there are some that begin with 'xml'. With v1.3.1 I was linking with three libraries: libema.lib, librssl.lib, and librsslVA.lilb. In the new SDK there is only one library, emalib.lib.Could I be missing a library?

NOTE: The project uses static linking and source file that references EMA classes and functions defines __EMA_STATIC_BUILD__

I don't remember where I read about them, but for V1.3.1 I defined two environment variables, EMAInstall and ElektronSDKInstallPath. Do those need to be updated or replaced?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrt
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@jeff.birkel

It requires the following libraries.

C:\...\Cpp-C\Ema\Libs\WIN_64_VS141\Release_MD\libema.lib
C:\...\Cpp-C\Eta\Libs\WIN_64_VS141\Release_MD\librsslVA.lib
C:\...\Cpp-C\Eta\Libs\WIN_64_VS141\Release_MD\librssl.lib
C:\...\installdb\WIN_64_VS141\lib\libxml2_a.lib

Real-Time-SDK contains both EMA and ETA libraries. The librsslVA.lib and librssl.lib libraries should be in the Eta folder.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
40 2 1 6

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

Thank you for pointing out that the librssl and librsslVA are in the ETA, not the EMA, folder. It was the same way in the old project as well so that was my bad. Thanks. Now it fails with just 3 unresolved symbol errors, as shown below. (ElekApiLib is the name of a project library.)

2>ElekApiLib.lib(rsslSocketTransportImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetTcpTable

2>ElekApiLib.lib(rsslSocketTransportImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol GetPerTcpConnectionEStats

2>ElekApiLib.lib(rsslSocketTransportImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol SetPerTcpConnectionEStats

Note that none these functions are called from with the ElekApiLib source code. I presume they are called from one of the SDK libraries. Any ideas?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
40 2 1 6

I found these functions in the Windows IPHLPAPI.LIB. Now that I have added that library it builds. I will mark the first answer as the resolution.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.