For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

error cases for this SEQ-case-update: Update a case API

Hi @Mehran.Ahmed Khan,

we are using SEQ-case-update: Update a case for updating the existing case. In that I have received

[

{

"error": "SECONDARY_FIELDS_NOT_ALLOWED",

"cause": "Provided secondary fields must be compatible with the used entity type and provider type. Available secondary fields for each pair of provider type and entity type are provided in the group's case template."

}

]

Could you please share the details for this error.

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Ravi.muniram1,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is one of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @Ravi.muniram1,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 4 1 2

@Ravi.muniram1

Hi,

So there are 2 observations that I have done with your issue:

1. Your case was initially created by selecting entityType as Individual with the secondary fields for Individuals and in the update API calls you are trying to update it to Organisation with the secondary fields for Organisation which I believe is not possible, which is why you're getting an error. Please ensure you use the entityType "ORGANISATION" during the initial screening itself when you screen any Organisations in World-Check One and use entityType "INDIVIDUAL" when you want to screen Individuals.

2. Your payload for updating a case is incorrect, you will have to just pass caseId in the payload and not the caseSystemId, the correct payload would look like below keeping in mind the changes I have suggested in point 1.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further information.

{
    "secondaryFields": [{
        "typeId": "SFCT_6",
        "value": "IND"
    }],
    "entityType": "ORGANISATION",
    "groupId": "5jb7eqa1yzfi1fkixlks06n2k",
    "caseId": "0055010027",
    "providerTypes": ["WATCHLIST"],
    "name": "ABC Company Company"
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.3k 4 1 2

@Ravi.muniram1

To investigate this further please share the case system Id of the case that you are trying to update and also the payload for the "update a case" API that is failing with the error.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @Mehran Khan

please find the below details.

{"caseSystemId":"5jb7ve3g7pv01fl3md24lux7u","secondaryFields":[{"typeId":"SFCT_6","value":"IND"}],"entityType":"ORGANISATION","groupId":"5jb7eqa1yzfi1fkixlks06n2k","caseId":"0055010027","providerTypes":["WATCHLIST"],"name":"ABC Company Company"}

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.