question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 1 2 4

Data Recovery

HI Everyone,

I'm in the process of writing a listener using rtsdk. It's not clear in the doc how does recovery works. For instance I connect real time in the morning all goes well and at 2pm my listener goes down. At 3 pm the listener gets back online. Is there a way to recover the missing data from 2pm to 3pm or do I need to start with a fresh snapshot.

Thank you,
Richard

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtrecovery
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Neon

For "Streaming data", if your connection is lost, you would not be able to request the lost data during the connection lost.

By default, EMA will try to recover the connection lost for you. (You can check recoverXXX parameters from EMA configuration guide).

When it successfully recovers the connection, your application will receive a new refresh message. So your application should use this refresh message as a new cache.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Neon

While my colleague @chavalit.jintamalit gives you a clear explanation about real-time data behavior, you set the EMA reconnection behavior from the following EmaConfig.xml parameters:

• ReconnectAttemptLimit
  • ReconnectMaxDelay
  • ReconnectMinDelay

Please find more detail about the above parameter in the EMA Configuration guide document (Java and C++ download links)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.