question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

How can I post RefreshMsgs instead of UpdateMsgs

I have this code for posting contributions, which is working correctly to contribute updates to our items. (I have ommited the serviceName and RIC names)

// create an update message for our item
UpdateMsg nestedUpdateMsg = EmaFactory.createUpdateMsg()
        .streamId(_postID)
        .payload(fieldList);
// create a post message, and embed the update
PostMsg postMsg = EmaFactory.createPostMsg()
        .postId(_postID++)
        .serviceName("ServiceName")
        .name("RICname")
        .solicitAck(true)
        .payload(nestedUpdateMsg)
        .complete(true);
// send to realtime distribution system
_ommConsumer.submit(postMsg, _streamHandle);

I would like to send an entirely fresh set of data to overwrite what is currently in the item by using a RefreshMsg rather than an UpdateMsg. So I embedd a RefreshMsg into the PostMsg in order to send this new data as an image, as shown below:

// create a refresh message for our item
RefreshMsg nestedUpdateMsg = EmaFactory.createRefreshMsg();
nestedUpdateMsg.payload(fieldList).complete(true);
nestedUpdateMsg.state(OmmState.StreamState.OPEN, OmmState.DataState.OK);

// create a post message, and embed the refresh
PostMsg postMsg = EmaFactory.createPostMsg()
        .postId(_postID++)
        .serviceName("serviceName")
        .name("RICname")
        .solicitAck(true)
        .payload(nestedUpdateMsg)
        .complete(true);
// send to realtime distribution system
_ommConsumer.submit(postMsg, _streamHandle);

Now when posting this to RCC, I get the following NACK.

AckMsg

streamId="1"

domain="MarketPrice Domain"

ackId="0"

nackCode="DeniedBySource"

text="PostMsg received with no update as payload"

name="------------"

nameType="1"

serviceId="259"

AckMsgEnd

Am I going about doing this wrong? How can I post a fresh set of data to my item?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtjavacontributionsrefresh-message
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Faris

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Faris

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @Faris,

The Refinitiv Contribution Channel does not allow posting Refresh messages. Any fields that are sent in the UpdateMsg are automatically applied to, and overwrite the data in that particular item. There is no need for you to explicitly send a refresh message - just update all the fields (that your application is permissioned for) and send an update message.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Faris

My colleague already gives you a clear explanation about the RCC Update Message posting. I would like to add the following RCC Off-Stream Post message conditions:

• The Ack attribute must be true
  • The message must contain the PostID attribute and value
  • The Key information includes Name and Service attributes that refer to the contribution RIC name and RCC contribution service name
  • The Message payload must be an Update message type
  • The Message payload must contain the same Key information as the Post message

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.