question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 4 9 10

RDP Authentication Token extends expires_in

Hello,

I Wondering if there is a way to extend the authentication token Im using Java, when I send my credentials to https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token I Got {"access_token": "eyJ0eXAi.", "Refresh_token ":" ee562aa2-a5eb-4531-9b1e-aff92893fcd5 "," expires_in ":" 300 "," scope ":" "," token_type ":" Bearer "}.

We are saving all the messages during the market, and we have a theory when the token expires every 300 seconds, we have an interruption in the streaming data and we lose a few messages during the process to renew the token.

So, with this scenario there is a way to increase the expiration time enought for don´renew the token at least every 4 hours, maybe 8 hous, in case if this are possible.

I know the python file market_price_epgw_service discovery, in wich the session are handled with this methods for update the token if I implement those functions i will lose or interrumpt the streaming data

for at least miliseconds?

Thanks,

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformauthentication
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @isanchez

The stream will not be interrupted if you re-send login message before 300(expire_in) seconds.

The sample code(market_price_epgw_service discovery) performs this process after 270 seconds elapsed. 270 comes from 300 * 90%, this is just an example that the application reserves 10% of the time to re-request access token with refresh token, use the new access token to login on the same stream.

If your application fails to re-send login message(and the server-side also needs to honor it) within 300 seconds, the stream will be disconnected.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.