For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Using Tickers as IdentifierType in an EOD Extraction request

Client:

I was trying to use ticker in the instrument list for EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest because I was using the api reference tree and saw Ticker as one of the Identifier Types in the Instrument Identifier List. Can you let me know if this documentation is outdated?

This is what I have for querying by ticker and source:

{
"ExtractionRequest": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
"ContentFieldNames": [

"RIC",
"Security Description",
"Ticker",
"Trading Status",
"Trading Symbol",
"Underlying RIC",
],
"IdentifierList": {
"@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
"InstrumentIdentifiers": [
{'Identifier': 'AAPL', 'IdentifierType': 'Ticker', 'Source': 'NSM'},
{'Identifier': 'IBM', 'IdentifierType': 'Ticker', 'Source': 'NSM'}
]
},
"Condition": None
}
}

However, I keep getting this error:

{'@odata.context': 'https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult', 'Contents': [{'IdentifierType': 'Ticker', 'Identifier': 'AAPL', 'Error': 'Not found'}, {'IdentifierType': 'Ticker', 'Identifier': 'IBM', 'Error': 'Not found'}], 'Notes': ['All identifiers were invalid. No extraction performed.']}

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

I think IdentifierType = Ticker is only supported when using Historical Search or Instrument Search, and not in the extraction calls.

For a definitive answer, please raise a content support ticket at MyRefinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks Gurpreet. That's what I thought too, but it was pointed out to me that it is showing as an option in the API reference tree for the Extraction calls too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.