Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Historical ETF Holding Weights

Dear Refinitiv Team,

I know this question was discussed already a couple of times - but I am not succeeding: I am trying to get the ETF holdings weights (overtime) for the RPV - "Invesco S&P 500 Pure Value Index" which tracks the ".SP500PV". I am also fine with the holding weights of the underlying index the "SP500PV".

I tried several things to get either the weights of the ETF or of the SP500PV itself:

The "best" I could do was (where date_for_query is a variable).

ek.get_data('Index('RPV',' + date_for_query + ')',['TR.IndexConstituentWeightPercent','TR.RIC'])[0]

Unfortunately, this request results in the same table for any date. Hence I don't get the weights over time.

I also tried to access the holding weights via the following but no weights are reported:

ek.get_data('RPV',['TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent'],{'SDate': '2012-01-01'})

I also tried to access the weights with the Index and the "0#" method.

Is there a way to obtain the "tracking basket" of the ETF over time? Another alternative would be to get the DERIVED HOLDINGS (it's only monthly though).

Many thanks

Lorenzo

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriesetf
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS only>

This is a test msg.

<AHS>

Hello @jason.ramchandani, could you please help the client for the follow-up question?

Hello @User23

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@User23

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@User23 Unfortunately we don't carry historical constituents for all indices. I was able to get the constituents for a particular date (I checked these do change overtime) for the RPV ETF but sadly not the weights - the vendor does not supply us the weights.

df, err = ek.get_data('RPV',['TR.ETPConstituentRIC','TR.ETPConstituentWeightPercent'],{'SDate': '2017-01-03'})

df

If you would like to request the data please submit a content enhancement request via Contact Us. I hope this can help.

1619179686404.png (75.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Thanks a lot for the update.

Is there a way to get the constituents of the Underlying Index (SP500PV) or is there a way to obtain the "tracking basket" of the ETF over time?

Best Lorenzo

icon clock
10 |1500

@User23

You can directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitv for a way to retrieve the required information with the =TR function in Eikon Excel.

If we have a formula in Eikon Excel to retrieve the data, we can apply the formula to the get_data method in Eikon Data API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.