Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

API Call for Treasury Price not Yield

When I make a call in Python such as the one below, I get OHLC quoted in yields:

df = ek.get_timeseries('AU3YT=RR', start_date = '2000-01-01', end_date = '2021-04-20')

However, in excel I can do a similar call, but get the price (and the yield if I want):

=@RHistory("AU3YT=RR","ASK.Timestamp;ASK.Close","INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",D4)

Is there a way to edit my python call to get bond price instead of yield?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@michael01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@michael01

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @michael01,

I would suggest you use the DIB (Data Item Browser) within the desktop to help you hunt down the specific fields you need. Once done, you can use the following get_data() call, for example:

df, err = ek.get_data('AU3YT=RR', ['TR.ASKPRICE', 'TR.ASKPRICE.date'], 
                      parameters = {'SDate': 0,'EDate': -10,'Frq': 'D'})
df

1619629314598.png (79.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@michael01 Please try the following:

df,err = ek.get_data('AU3YT=RR',['TR.AskPrice.date','TR.AskPrice'],{'SDate':'2000-01-01','EDate':'2021-04-20','Frq':'D'})

df

I hope this can help.

1619628980710.png (122.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.