question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

What does Action==7 mean

Hi,

I'm developing a C# app to work with the REDI API, and I've used your example as a starting point:

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.REDI.CSharp.Examples/tree/master/REDIConsoleOrders

When I monitor the CacheControl events that are triggered, I see numerous events with Action == 7:

But this is surprising, since the documentation doesn't describe such an action:

So my question is: What is Action 7? What does it mean? And do you have another document that includes this information? (The document I have is redi_api_specification_6.pdf).

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

redi-apicaching
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@patrick.noble

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @patrick.noble,

I would suggest processing in the client code the actions that are documented in REDI spec, and disregarding other actions, which can be seen sometimes, including action=7. They are not intended as actionable for the client code and should be quite infrequent, compared to the actionable.

For completeness, 7 is "about to delete".

REDI Spec is the definitive document on REDI API integration, there is no document that includes the additional information.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.