question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

RKD GetEquityQuote_Request_1 getting error "The remote server returned an error: (413) Request Entity Too Large."

I am looping through 5000 sedols and making a request for the rics of blocks of 60 stocks. However I am getting the above error. What is are the limits for making these type of request

rkd-apirkd
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Contact RKD team regarding Search API limitation.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Graham J

The numbers of request items may be too large for the API to handle at once. Could you please test by split the list of items into smaller lists and call the API multiple time instead?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

Thanks for your suggestion. I am still getting the 413 error when I limit the requests to batches of 10 at a time

Are there constraints I have to be aware of.

The one this question raises is limit of sedols i can list in one single request. I have been able to test with 500 in the RKD test webpage.

Should I leave a gap between making these requests?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 1

I adjusted the amount of Sedols in my process to 500 and now I am getting the expected data back.

Thank you for your help

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Graham J

Good to hear that the API call works fine on your side now. Additionally, you may add a time delay between each API call to throttle the overall requests.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.