For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 1 2

Thomson Reuters Business Classification scheme

When requesting hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/GetTrBusinessClassifications via DSS REST API to obtain the list of all TRBC values, it is seems that the result is incomplete in comparison with https://my.refinitiv.com/gcodes/dse_trbc_cds.html.

could you investigate

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @ludovic.mesnier,

At present, there are 1222 TRBC CDS codes on https://my.refinitiv.com/gcodes/dse_trbc_cds.htm TRBC codes list

From my testing DSS request

{ {protocol}}{ {host}}{ {api}}Search/GetTrBusinessClassifications

I get significantly less.

However, please note that this forum is dedicated to questions and discussions centered around Refiniv API usage. The members of this forum are developers, the moderators of the forum are Refinitiv API experts, not knowledgeable on many types of Refinitiv content.

Consequently, I am not able to tell if the two lists, of DSE TRBC CDSs and TR Business Classifications are meant to be the same, or one is intended as the subset of the other. I have asked DSS content experts to verify the suspected issue case# is 09872553.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.9k 58 14 21

Hello @ludovic.mesnier,

TRBC codes are revised every few years and in my experience it can get out of sync in different systems. The latest ones are the 2020 updates which include new economic activities such as Solar Electric Utilities and are available in Eikon desktop. Not sure what version is still being used in DSS.

I agree with @zoya.farberov, we are unable to answer content questions on these forums, so its best to raise a service ticket at my.refinitiv.com.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @ludovic.mesnier,

Please be informed that the investigation into this discrepancy is completed, the issue is confirmed and targeted to be fixed, in DSS release 15.1, time frame at this time is August 2021, both are tentative.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.