question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 2

getting data from a different source

Hello, how i get data from different source at same time?

example: we can connect reuters and B-pipe with separately.

for reuters: we add commandline option serviceName as "IDN_RDF"

for B-pipe: we add commandline option serviceName as "BBG"

but we want to get data from reuters and bloomberg in same time.

serviceName field is not a parameter that takes multiple service names with commas.

so I'm looking for the way subscribe different service name at same time

trep
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @fatmabetul.yazici,

You do not mention which API/language you are using, but basically, you will have to create two consumer instances in your application and provide different service names. It also looks like you are using one of the SDK examples for your test. We don't have an example where a single consumer connects to two feeds at a same time. You will have to write an application to do so - and it should not be too difficult.

If using EMA, I recommend that you start from the tutorials here.

Pertinent lines that you will need to modify in the source code is when creating and using the OMMConsumer. Something like this:

consumer1.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("IDN_RDF").name("Item1"), appClient);
consumer2.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("BBG").name("Item2"), appClient);

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 0 2

I use java language. Could you recommend any tutorial for java language.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Yes, the tutorial linked in previous reply is in EMA Java.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.