Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 3 5

Using Eikon Data API to retrieve all the bonds issued by a company

Hi Team,

May I know whether I can use Eikon Data API to retrieve all the bonds ISIN code issued by a company(given OrgID or LEI)?

And if I use get_data function with TR.BondISIN field, say,

df,_ = ek.get_data('549300IBZWZL1KTPF918@LEI', 'TR.BondISIN')

where 549300IBZWZL1KTPF918 is the LEI code for ASB Bank Limited, and one ISIN code in the response is IDA000109607, which is issued by BANK COMMONWEALTH PT, rather than ASB Bank Limited, even though both of them belong to one parent company.

So simply speaking, I want to get all the bonds' ISIN codes issued by ASB Bank Limited only, is there a good way to do this?

Thanks,

Leo

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@leo.wu

Take a look at the article titled "Debt Structure Analysis on an Organizational Level".

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
17k 80 39 63

Hi @leo.wu,

I would suggest you refer to the accepted answer on this thread for guidance. The suggested approach is to use the org ID as a means to list the bonds.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
15 2 3 5

Thank you, both, @nick.zincone.1 and @Alex Putkov.. I saw what you suggested are both related to RDP, so this cannot be conducted via Eikon Data API, is my understanding correct? Is there any bug or other issue in Eikon Data API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@leo.wu

Eikon Data APIs do not provide the capability you require. Eikon Data APIs retrieve data from legacy Eikon platform, which over time will be replaced by RDP. At this time no new capabilities are being added to Eikon Data APIs, while on RDP new capabilities are being added all the time. However, it will be a while until RDP can fully replace legacy Eikon platform and provide all the capabilities currently available through Eikon Data APIs. In the meantime for some capabilities you may need to use Eikon Data APIs and for others you may need to use RDP Libraries. This is exactly the reason why RDP Libraries include Eikon Data APIs as a module, which you can import using

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for the clarification, @Alex Putkov.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.