Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

Unable to connect to python API Error code -1

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Python 3.8.5.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi
1620801705551.png (84.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

@wasin.waeosri - downloading and logging into eikon desktop seemed to do the job. I thought the web app would be sufficient... thanks (y)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.4k 53 17 14
Hello @ciaran.downes
Do you run the Eikon Desktop/Refinitiv Workspace in the same machine that runs this notebook?

I suggest you try the steps in the Eikon Data API troubleshooting guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @ciaran.downes

Please be informed that the Eikon Desktop/Workspace has a built-in JupyterLab application name CodeBook (CODEBK) with pre-installed Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Platform Library for Python. It supports the Eikon/Workspace web version too.

You can see more detail in Use Eikon Data API or RDP Library in Python in CodeBook on Web Browser article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.