Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 1 2

How to get trading volume per venue and trade class via Python API?

I want to get trading volumes for stock-day-trading venue - trade class. In Refinitiv Workspace this can be done via the Market Share Reporter (MSR) (see below).

Unfortunately, I was unable to access this data via the python API (preferable) and/or excel plugin (second best option for me) as I did not know how to construct the request.

A similar question has been asked here and the user was asked to contact MyRefintiv support but when contacting them I was told that questions concerning the API should be answered in this forum.

It would be great if you could help. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Thomas

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid at this time the data presented in Market Share Reporter app in Eikon is not available through any Eikon APIs or through worksheet functions in Eikon Excel. The only way to retrieve this data is to manually download a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet using "Export to CSV" or "Export to Excel" button in the top right corner of the app window.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot, even though the answer is not what I wanted to hear.

Best,

Thomas

It's been a couple of years since this answer, so I thought I'd check. Has anything changed?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.