question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

CacheEvent - purpose of Action == 'Delete' or 'Release'?

I'm using the CacheControl object in the REDI API to subscribe to trade events. There are 5 documented values of the "Action" parameter:

My question is: What is the purpose of the 'Delete' and the 'Release' actions? Why would I want to delete an order from the trade history? I can look at OrdStat to get the status of the order, to know what is active/completed/canceled, etc. So why would REDI tell me to delete it?

Also, what does 'Release' mean in this context?

Do you have further documentation on the "Action" parameter or the CacheControl object? There is very little context provided in redi_api_specification_6.pdf.

Thanks,
Patrick

redi-apicaching
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It's been 11 days since I asked this question, and still no reply. Is someone available to respond please?

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @patrick.noble,

We have confirmed that Delete and Release type events are not applicable to Orders and Trades. It is safe to disregard.

Please find Tutorial Monitor Orders in C# helpful. At the top of the example code, please see

object result = orderCache.Submit("Message", /*""*/"(msgtype == 10)", ref exec_err);
 // object result = orderCache.Submit("Message", /*""*/"(msgtype == 14)", ref exec_err);

by switching this comment, you may wish to test monitoring of Orders vs Executions, while continuing to focus on Action types Snapshot, Add (Insert) and Update.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi Zoya,
Thanks for your reply. I'll also be working with Positions in the near future. Do Delete and Release events apply to Positions? If so, how should I use them?
Thanks,
Patrick

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hi @patrick.noble ,

We have confirmed that Delete and Release events are also safe to disregard when working with Positions.

You may find useful to review Tutorial Monitor Positions in C#, that goes over the approach for monitoring positions and links to downloadable code.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.