Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Financial Statement data via EIkon API get_data is downloaded in scientific notation

Downloading financial statement data using the Eikon API get_data sometimes delivers numbers formatted in scientific notation like 5.4e-14. I down load several large files with several thousand RIC Codes and a variety financial statement data. I then upload the data to SQL Server. SQL Server fails to accept the scientific notation data but has no problem with the traditional number data.

Is there away to get the Eikon API to only deliver data in a traditional number format rather than using scientific notation? Or is there away to convert the scientific notation delivered in the panda dataframe for all the columns to get the data in a traditional number format?

Thanks, appreciate any help!!

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @paulgamelin

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@paulgamelin

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@paulgamelin

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @paulgamelin

I think you can set number format on the dataframe.

I have not verified this but this kind of article would help, https://kiwidamien.github.io/stylish-pandas.html

Please also be reminded that the data retrieved with Eikon Data API cannot leave the desktop, such as uploading them to other SQL Server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks for your idea Chavalit but further research shows it is for use in Jupyter notebooks. I did try it it and no success.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @paulgamelin

Please share your sample API call in which you received the data in scientific notation format.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.