For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 3 8

Is it possible to request a list of available services from ADS in an RDTS (TREP) using web sockets API?

I'm developing an application to post to RCRT over RDTS (TREP) using web sockets API. Although I know that I can ask the TREP administrator for details of what services are available, I'd like to do it via program. if not this, is there other info I can request that is NOT a market data instrument request? In other words, I'd like to request something from ADS or RCRT (Contex) (status? version? other attributes?) to verify the connection, not actual instrument data.

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimisedADS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @pj.chan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@pj.chan

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @pj.chan,

You can issue the following request:

{
  "Key": {
    "Filter": 1
  },
  "ID": 2,
  "Streaming": true,
  "Domain": "Source"
}

The "Filter" value is a mask that provides different levels of details:

• 1 (SERVICE_INFO_FILTER) - info that identifies a service
  • 2 (SERVICE_STATE_FILTER) - info about the current state of a service
  • 4 (SERVICE_GROUP_FILTER) - item group status and item group merge info
  • 8 (SERVICE_LOAD_FILTER) - info about the service workload
  • 24 (SERVICE_DATA_FILTER) - info that should be applied to all items associated
  • 32 (SERVICE_LINK_FILTER) - info about the upstream sources

, which will provide more details in the response,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<<AHS>> Curious minds want to know where this is documented? I have searched high and low and even the source code and could not find the elaboration or examples of Source domain. Is this another case of poor product documentation, or am I not looking in the right place.

Upvotes
5 1 3 8

Great @nick.zincone.1, thanks for that! I'll give it a go. Is that documented somewhere?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @pj.chan,

There is no specific documentation around this request and the parameters, however, I did refer to the EMA documentation around sending a directory request and determined that the domain is 'Source' and that I needed to apply a 'Filter'. Section 27.2 of the WebSocket Protocol Spec outlines the parameters of a request.

icon clock
10 |1500

great idea. Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.