question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 4 4 8

TREP EMA reconnection

There was network interruption on 17-May while client is using both RFA and EMA connecting to our TREP

RFA no issue when network issue fixed client can get data via RFA properly

But EMA attempt to reconnect and request time out since 11:36 GMT until 13:42 GMT

But after 13:42 GMT there was no more reconnect attempt. (Snapshot attached) and client lost access to our data via EMA

Can help taking a look at the reason behand? Any EMA re-connecting limit to block EMA attempt to connect to us after 13:42 GMT?

Thank you very much

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Hao.Tang

There are no obvious reasons that come to mind as to why EMA would not recover when faced with the same network problem scenario as RFA.

A few things to consider:

• Do both the RFA and EMA connect to the same ADS - using the same RSSL protocol (or is the RFA example using SSLED)
  • Does the RFA config use a ServerList (ie multiple ADS in the connectivity parameters)
  • Does the EMA config use a similar ChannelSet?

Whilst the presence of a serverlist / channelset does not necessarily solve a network issue - the recovery behaviour would be somewhat different to a single server / single channel config.

Unless one of my colleagues can shed some light on key differences, I suspect the only way to identify the cause of this non-recovery would be to try and recreate it in a Dev / Test environment. This is something outside the scope of a Q&A Forum and ideally would be done by creating a Premium Support ticket and working with the RDC team.

You should be able to raise a Premium Support ticket via Refinitiv Real-Time Java SDK | Refinitiv Developers (see right-hand side of the screen - close to the top of the page)

1621415203103.png (59.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks but seems i have no access to raise premium support ticket. If I need help to recreate it in our Dev environment, what info I need to collect from client side?

Talked to client just now and they configured same parameter with default values and RFA/EMA were installed on same server as well

Hi @Hao.Tang

When they say the same parameter - please confirm which if any of the above points to consider apply here e.g are they both RSSL based applications? Are they using ServerList / ChannelSets? Do they have multiple ADS in different data centres or a single ADS only?

When I mentioned re-creating in the Dev environment, I meant a dev version of the equivalent Prod environment. You said in your original post that the client was connecting to our TREP - so I assumed you had a Dev environment as well.

If you mean our TREP product - rather than your own TREP environment, then the customer would need to try and recreate in their own Dev environment - ensuring the Dev ADS are configured as close as possible to the Prod environment.

As I mentioned, a network connectivity related recovery scenario or possible bug with EMA recovery is not something that can be diagnosed in a Q&A Forum.

With regards to the Premium support, is the client signed up for an RDC contract? If so, they can try raising a ticket themselves.

Or you can also try and raise an RDC ticket via My.Refinitiv - by selecting RFA Java or RFA C++ as the product.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.